August 11, 2021
Other Govt. Response to FASD Programs
The Indigenous Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)/Child Nutrition Program
FASD Ontario is an online, accessible and bilingual website that has a:
- directory of information and services
- list of learning events
- compilation of local, national and international news online community to share information
The Indigenous Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)/Child Nutrition Program (FASD/CNP) is designed and delivered by Indigenous service providers to Indigenous children, youth and families across Ontario. The program provides:
- healthy lifestyle education;
- personal support; and
- traditional cultural activities which promote FASD prevention and healthy nutrition.
Individuals living with FASD and their families are offered intervention support services Program staff also:
- produce community resource materials
- offer professional development training on prevention and intervention to both Indigenous and non-Indigenous social service providers, educators, justice and medical personnel; and
- provide training on healthy nutrition to community service providers and families.