6 (1) The Minister must, in consultation and cooperation with Indigenous peoples and with other federal ministers, prepare and implement an action plan to achieve the objectives of the Declaration.
(2) The action plan must include
(a) measures to
(i) address injustices, combat prejudice and eliminate all forms of violence and discrimination, including systemic discrimination, against Indigenous peoples and Indigenous elders, youth, children, women, men, persons with disabilities and gender-diverse persons and two-spirit persons, and
(ii) promote mutual respect and understanding as well as good relations, including through human rights education; and
(b) measures related to monitoring, oversight, recourse or remedy or other accountability measures with respect to the implementation of the Declaration.
(3) The action plan must also include measures related to monitoring the implementation of the plan and reviewing and amending the plan.
(4) The preparation of the action plan must be completed as soon as practicable, but no later than three years after the day on which this section comes into force.
Tabling in Parliament
(5) The Minister must cause the action plan to be tabled in each House of Parliament as soon as practicable after it has been prepared.
Action plan made public
(6) After the action plan is tabled, the Minister must make it public.