The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) released the full contents of the 2019 Mandate letters for all 36 Ministries of the federal government. The following content was included in all Mandate letters:
- There remains no more important relationship to me and to Canada than the one with Indigenous Peoples. We made significant progress in our last mandate on supporting self-determination, improving service delivery and advancing reconciliation. I am directing every single Minister to determine what they can do in their specific portfolio to accelerate and build on the progress we have made with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples.
- You will do your part to continue our Government’s commitment to transparent, merit-based appointments, to help ensure that people of all gender identities, Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities and minority groups are reflected in positions of leadership.
- Many of our most important commitments require partnership with provincial, territorial and municipal governments and Indigenous partners, communities and governments.
The following Ministries have no specific priorities identified that are specific to Indigenous people:
- Ministry of National Revenue
- Leader of the Government in the House of Commons
- President of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada
- Minister of Middle Class Prosperity and Associate Minister of Finance
- Ministry of International Development
- Minister of Digital Government
- Minister of Seniors
See attached link for those Ministries who have specific priorities identifed relating to Indiigenous people.